One of the most important things in any relationship is to express your gratitude towards the other person. By showing gratitude to each other, we try to lift each other.
It has been found in researches that showing gratitude and receiving it helps reduce stress and increases kindness among people. So, to ameliorate a relationship, follow these tips to express gratitude.
Here are tips to show gratitude to your partner
1) Try to think gratefully. Appreciate all the efforts that your partner puts into you. This way, you will be able to show gratitude to your partner in the easiest way.
2) Start sending handwritten letters to your partner to thank them. These are small gestures that are wonderful ways to show gratitude to your partner. This is perhaps the method with the highest potential to serve your purpose.
3) You must acknowledge the birthdays and anniversaries. You need not celebrate it with grandeur but a small wish is enough. So, try not to forget these special days.
4) Never take your partner for granted. Always respect your partner for the small things that he or she says. This will help in strengthening the relationship.
5) Try to encourage your partner. Gratitude cannot always be shown in straightforward manners. But encouraging your partner for what they are is one of the best ways to show your gratitude.
6) You must give true compliments to your partner. Try to ameliorate the skills and qualities of your partner and not criticize them. This is indeed a method to show gratitude to your partner.
7) Forgive your partner if need be. Your gratitude need not always be shown in conventional methods. If something goes wrong and you need to forgive your partner, do it without any hesitation.
8) Do not complain all the time. Complaining although may take out the negative feelings outside of you it affects the person about whom you are complaining. Showing gratitude can be best done when you do not complain about your partner.
9) Write love letters to your partner. These small tokens of love are one of the best ways to make your partner feel appreciated. So, instead of trying to show gratitude, practice these things.
10) Let your partner know that you are lucky to have them. Make them feel that their presence matters a lot to you. Try to make them feel special.
11) Give long and tight hugs to your partner. Not all gratitude comes in ‘thank you’ notes. Some gestures of love can do the purpose.
12) Give them something that belongs to you. If you think that something that belongs to you which they love, give it to them. This is the best way to express your gratitude.
13) Try to do thoughtful things for them. You may do small creative things. These exclusive things will potentially serve your purpose.
14) Be available to them when they need you. Tell them that you are there to listen to what they want to share. Your gratitude can be shown in a way not better than this.
15) If you are doing something which they have always wanted to do, invite them. Asking them to join in tasks which they want to do is one of the best ways to express your gratitude towards your partner.
16) Always offer to help your partner in doing something that they do not like to do. If they do not like doing the dishes, offer to help them in doing it. This way, you can effortlessly show your gratitude.
17) Listen to them completely instead of trying to rebuttal. When your partner challenges you but loves you, showing your gratitude can be done best in this way.
18) Thank them for introducing you to new things. Even if you do not like the thing, thank them for the experience that you got.
19) If they are wrong in any way, tell them in a manner to not hurt them. You may think of reframing your sentences so that they do not feel bad after they have done anything wrong.
20) Be thankful to them for taking you out of your comfort zone. Not everyone can do this and finally, when your partner does this, be thankful instead of criticizing them.
21) If you want to challenge them, do it with love. You may want to make them the best of what they are but do not challenge them in insensitive ways. Try to encourage them to achieve what they find to be difficult.
22) Try to learn what your partner teaches you. Try to use your learning in your actions and words. When you do this in front of your partner, your gratitude will automatically be expressed.
23) Be patient even when it is difficult for you. You may be in a hurry but try to have patience with your partner.
24) Grab the opportunity to reduce their workload. If it is possible for you to help your partner with their works, never leave that opportunity.
25) Give them flowers for no reason. This beautiful gift will brighten up their evening (or day) in no time. Your desire to express gratitude will also be fulfilled.
26) Try not to react even when your mood is not very good. Your behavior speaks a lot. So, thanking them or doing creative things is not the only way of expressing your gratitude.
27) Introduce them to people who can challenge them for their betterment. You need to ameliorate them and this is the best thing that you can do. Deep down you will also know that you have expressed your gratitude in your ways.
28) Acknowledge their contribution to your life in front of them. They need to know that their act has changed your life in some way and you should acknowledge this in front of them to express your gratitude.
29) You may try to cook your partner’s favorite dish. Can you think of any other way better than this to express your gratitude?
30) Your partner needs rest and you need opportunity. So, give them a day off from all the responsibilities and you do it on their behalf.
31) Take out your time and use it to do something for your partner. You need not be very fancy in doing something but your efforts need to be honest.
32) Purchase books for them. If your partner is a book lover, then the best way to express your gratitude is to gift them with books by their favorite author.
33) You can write poems for your partner! Not a joke, but if you are inclined towards poetry, you may very well choose to write one for your partner. You need not match Shakespeare’s level but your efforts will of course be valued.
34) Go for a long drive with your partner. Take out the time and spend it with them. We will wait for knowing a better way to express your gratitude when you are a genuinely busy person.
35) Why not wash your partner’s car? If not completely, at least join them in doing so. Sharing responsibilities is important.
36) Plan a surprise trip. A small trip to a nearby place for a day or a weekend is an amazing method to express gratitude to your partner.
37) Just be present with your partner. Your presence matters a lot to your partner. So, if you are a busy person unable to manage time, spending time with your partner serves multiple purposes.
38) Make use of what your partner has taught you. When your partner sees you using their knowledge, they will be happy and will understand your gratefulness.
39) Encourage daily and encourage even more to show your gratitude. Whenever your partner needs some motivation to do a task which they find difficult, your motivation is what they need the most.
40) Be thankful for bringing you out of your comfort zone. This is a very difficult thing and not everyone can do that. So, instead of scolding your partner, be thankful to them.
41) Try to respect their thoughts even when they are wrong. You need not be acerbic about telling them that they are wrong. But try to tell them about the cons of their thoughts.
42) Why not do things together? If your partner loves doing anything then do not hesitate to ask them to join you.
43) Give hugs! These are extremely powerful and can change a lot of things. So, if you are worried about ways to express your gratitude, simply go and give your partner a long hug.
44) If you are free, go and offer some help in their tasks. These small gestures are big ways to express your gratitude to your partner.
45) Plan a tour with your wanderlust partner. Go for a vacation and be their best travel buddy. Can there be any other method more compelling than this to express your gratitude?
46) Flowers can be the game-changer. You will no longer need to think of any method to express your gratitude to your partner because flowers are the best thing in this case.
47) Be forgiving as much as you can. Let your anger go away and forgive your partner without second thoughts. Trust us, there can be no better way than this to express your gratitude.
48) Appreciate your partner for the smallest of things they do for you. Your gratitude need not always be expressed in conventional ways. Appreciations and compliments are unique ways to show your gratitude.
49) Try to restrain yourself from complaining about what your partner does all the time. Rather than complaining about things, try to offer some help in what your partner is doing.
50) Write down a letter to express your gratitude. Handwritten letters are more impactful than you can think them to be. So, waste no time and write down a letter to your partner expressing your gratitude.
51) Go to the kitchen and take some responsibilities to cheer your partner up. Which dish cheers your partner up? Try to cook it for them.
52) Do let them know that they are valued. You should let them know that they are extremely important in your life and you are blessed to have them.
53) Challenge them lovingly. Gratitude can be best expressed when it is mixed with love. So, anything that you do must have love in it.
54) Take your partner to their favorite restaurant. Good food and solve all the issues and expressing gratitude tops the list. So, take them to their favorite place for dinner.
55) Use your talents to make something for your partner. If you are good at drawing, make a painting. If you are good at crafts, make something and give it to them.
56) Go for drives and walks with them. Spending time and discussing random topics for long hours is one of the best ways to express your gratitude.
57) Purchase the object that they have wanted to buy. Save some money out of your daily expenditure and use it to buy them what they wanted to buy.
58) Hold your partner’s hand and be say thank you. Let’s keep things simple. Go to them, hold their hands and say thank you to them.
59) Eye contacts are very important when you say something. When you are trying to express your gratitude, make sure that you keep eye contact.
60) Spend more time with them if they want that. Manage some time from your busy schedule and spend it with your partner.